“Brunch Wagera” is one of the three regular monthly/community events at Coffee Wagera. We provide free space to female chefs to sell their homemade food from our cafe, as our way of supporting women empowerment and entrepreneurship. They get to see customers’ response firsthand; our customers get to try lots of different food items at reasonable prices; we get to sell some more coffee – plus everyone has lots of fun! So here’s the final list for Sunday 18th November:
SHIFT 1 – 12NOON TILL 4 PM
- Nadia Khan of My spicy Kitchen: Chicken 65 / Bihari Dum Qeema
- Nilofer Omer of Bites & Mouthfuls: Burmese-Surti Khowsuey / Carrot Cupcakes
- Sadia Perwez of YS Bakers: Butter Croissants / Chocolate Eclairs
- Tehreem Fawad of The Bitten Eat: Banana Bread / Coffee Cake
- Zahra Khalid of Al Afiyaah Kitchens: Chicken Mini Burger / Crunchy Chicken Strips
SHIFT 2 – 5PM TILL 9PM
- Azra Saqib: Bhel Puri / Mixed Chaat
- Hira Diwan of Sweet Wanderlust: Spinach & Cheese Quiche / Cinnamon-y Donuts
- Riffat Naeem of Chatkhara Hut: Chicken & Veg Pasta / Dabeli
- Sadia Waqar: Chicken Cheese Patties / Chana Daal Tikki
- Sania Yasin of Bakelicious: Chicken Mushroom Quesadillas / Caramel Cinnabons
NOTES FOR CUSTOMERS:
- Everything will be Rs.200 or less per piece/portion. Customers will pay directly to the chefs they buy from. Credit cards won’t be accepted by the chefs. Coffee Wagera is not charging any venue cost or profit-sharing.
- Expect a lot of crowd, slightly more waiting time for beverages, and perhaps no place to sit and chill at some hours. But also expect some awesome food items at very reasonable prices, an opportunity to network with foodies/chefs, and a lot of energy and excitement.
- Every customer will be expected to buy at least a beverage from Coffee Wagera (minimum spending of Rs.200 per person), even if you are there just to support the chefs and sample their food.
- Due to the limited space, we request that you try and finish your snacks/beverages in 60-90 minutes, depending on the rush. Study groups and working with laptops are discouraged during the Brunch hours.
Please join us for awesome food, beverages and fun! Also spread the word to support women empowerment and entrepreneurship. Few related links:
POST-EVENT UPDATE: 18TH NOV 11:30PM
Thanks to all the chef and customers who made the event a success! You may watch a 4-minute video by clicking the following image – don’t miss the food photos at the end:
We had a special additional participant in the morning shift: Varah Mussavir of Firely, displayed some amazing hand-made stationary and craft!
We also rate every chef on three criteria: presentation, quality and value for money. And today’s top three chefs were:
Let’s look forward to Brunch Wagera #5 🙂