Be Part of the Fastest-Growing Pakistani Coffee Franchise!
Coffee Wagera (CW) is a local café launched in April 2018 with a vision to become the Starbucks of Pakistan with hundreds of outlets, kiosks, and coffee trucks in all major cities. CW aims to be a socially responsible organization that supports women’s empowerment, eco-friendly practices, minimal waste, equal opportunities, inclusiveness, and whatever else it can do towards positive change.
In just a little over 4 years, we have launched 11 locations in Karachi, Hyderabad and Lahore. And are now open to franchising across Pakistan!
What’s so special about Coffee Wagera?
We may be the only (or the first) café in Pakistan to:
- Support women empowerment by buying most of our snacks from female entrepreneurs, and to further support the community through our monthly ‘Brunch Wagera’ event where home chefs can get a free space to sell their snacks
- Hire from the transgender community, and offer a free training program for all transgender people
- Have a menu in Braille for the visually impaired.
- Learn sign language to communicate with customers with speech/hearing impairment
- Say ‘no’ to plastic bottles, and provide free drinking water to all customers
- Implement “ten steps to reduce waste”, support clean city and be eco-friendly
- Support students and startups, by providing a fully functional workbench, with individual power/USB socket for minimum spending of just Rs.240 per day
- Provide three WIFI connections (and free coffee if WIFI doesn’t work)
- Educate customers about coffees through educational posters, illustrations/images in the menu, coffee workshops, roasting demos and more
- Provide low-cost franchise opportunities to promote entrepreneurship
- Support local artists by displaying and selling their ‘coffee paintings’ at every outlet
- Run innovative events like ‘Coffee Tour’ in collaboration with other cafes, ‘Brunch Wagera’ to support female entrepreneurs, Coffee Workshops to share coffee skills/knowledge, free training programs for personal development, ‘Open Mic’ to encourage new talent…
- Provide “happiness” training to all staff
- Greet every customer with the most enthusiastic “Salam Alaikum! Welcome to Coffee Wagera!”
- Operate a café without any kitchen/cooking
- Implement ‘no free beverages/snacks’ policy that applies to all owners, family members, friends, bloggers, influencers, celebrities… and everyone else who wishes to support CW
- Offer a 10% discount to students and senior citizens
- Offer free coffee to non-Pakistani visitors/tourists when they buy any snacks
- Offer free coffee on your birthday, when you buy any snacks
- Organize the first ‘Karachi Coffee Week’ in collaboration with five other cafes (Oct-2020)
- Have a founder with an official designation of ‘Chief Happiness Officer’ – Mush Panjwani also teaches happiness at corporates and non-profits, and is also a published author.
- Achieve break-even in three months; launch franchising program within a year.
- Launch eight locations in just over three years, including CW on Wheels
- Launch the first Coffee Cart in Karachi – CW on Wheels at I.I. Chundrigar Road.
- Have a mobile app that helps you earn points every time you buy a beverage/snack; show you the nearest locations, menu, special offers and more!
- Have an online store where you can buy a variety of freshly roasted coffee, home-brewing equipment and other gift items: CoffeeWagera.com/shopping
- Have an academy (Coffee Wagera Academy) that teaches barista skills, customer service, marketing, passion and positivity to the cafe/restaurant industry.
Coffee Wagera Franchisees
Most of them started as CW customers, then became huge fans and supporters, before investing and building their own CW franchise. We have been blessed with the most passionate and committed individuals who were able to duplicate the CW model and values from day one. Locations update:
- Apr 2018: CW-Badar (DHA)
- Sep 2019: CW-Maskan (Gulshan-e-Iqbal)
- Dec 2019: CW-5star (North Nazimabad)
- Jan 2020: CW-Bahadurabad (PECHS)
- Feb 2020: CW-Clifton (Clifton)
- Mar 2021: CWW-IIC (CW on Wheels)
- May 2021: CW-Autobahn (Hyderabad)
- June 2021: CW-Midway (Bahria Town)
- Mar 2022: CW-Ittehad (DHA)
- May 2022: CW-Dolmen (Tariq Road)
- Jun 2022: CW-JoharTown (Lahore)
- Planned for 2022: CW-Gulistan-e-Johar (Karachi)
Coffee Wagera in Media
Coffee Wagera won the Brand of the Year Award by Brands Foundation Organization at the 11th edition Awards Distribution Ceremony of BOYA:
Some of the CW Rituals
- Eid: Outlets closed on the first day of both Eids. On the second day, staff comes in national/Eid clothing.
- New Year’s Eve: Outlets closed by 6pm
- 1st January and 1st July: Outlets closed for staff training/outing
- 14th August: Staff recites the national anthem outside the outlets.
- Moharram: No music for 10 days; outlets closed on 10th Moharram
- During times of natural disasters e.g. rain, flooding, COVID-19, staff safety will take priority over sales/profits.
- Mush has been a successful sales trainer and motivational speaker for over 30 years. Mush has worked with corporates, entrepreneurs, leaders and sales teams in 20 countries across the Asia Pacific.
- Mush is a certified “Happiness at Work” trainer from Woohoo (Denmark)
- Mush is the author of “Dhinchak Life” – a book about living a fantastic life
- Mush has 34 years of work experience in Pakistan, Hong Kong, and the UAE
- 11 years with Universal Educational Systems, Pakistan: Recruitment, training, and managing of sales teams for Collier’s Encyclopedia, Time-Life Books and Encyclopedia Britannica across Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad. (1986-1997)
- 16 years with Time-Life Asia, Hong Kong. Building, training and managing direct sales distributors in 19 countries across Asia Pacific. (1997-2013)
- 5 years with Learning Time, UAE. While simultaneously managing own training/consulting company Dinchack in Hong Kong. (2013-17)
- 2 years of freelance training for corporates and non-profits in Pakistan. (2018-19)
- Mush moved to Pakistan at the end of 2017 to pursue two dreams: build a coffee shop chain, and introduce ‘happiness training’ at corporates and institutes in Pakistan.
- More about Mush at www.MushPanjwani.com
- Mush Panjwani – Founder & Chief Happiness Officer
- Salman Raza – General Manager & Franchising Manager
- Daniyal Andani – Finance & Admin Manager
- Rameez Suleman – Design & Branding Manager
- Tooba Salman – Social Media Manager
If you have read this far, you might want to watch a few short videos by Mush about Coffee Wagera.
- 100% time commitment, at least for the first 6 months
- Passion for coffee, customer service, and social entrepreneurship
- Required investment:
Estimated setup cost PKR 3,500,000
To set up a meeting, kindly submit the following form below.