Coffee Wagera Academy Offers
“Foundation Barista Skills Program”
The Foundation Barista Skills by Coffee Wagera Academy has been a popular program since we launched it in early 2021. More than 20 batches of 4-6 students have been trained. With the increasing number of new outlets and our focus on training our own staff, we can’t do these public sessions as often as we would like.
Important info and registration:
- The training is for three days, usually Friday-Sunday 6-9pm. And mostly at the Clifton outlet in Karachi.
- Investment : 20,000 per student
- The next batch will be in Nov or Dec 2023. You can register only after we announce the dates with venue and timing, on our FB and Insta pages.
- To register: Pay online; send message with full name and whatsapp number through our Facebook page.
- Bank info: Coffee Wagera : Meezan Bank | Account: 01210105243610 | IBAN: PK03MEZN0099040105243610
- Amount paid is non refundable
Barista Skills Theory:
-History of Coffee
-Bean to Cup steps
-Arabica vs Robusta
-Single-origin vs Blend
-Fresh roast vs old roast
-Basic roast profiles
-Instant vs Brewed Coffee
-Commercial vs home brewed
-Six basic types of coffee
-Factors required for brewing: Temperature, Pressure, Time
-Parts of the machine and barista tools
-Dialing a shot
-Home brewing equipments/techniques
-Espresso shot extraction
-Perfecting an espresso
-Milk frothing for cappuccino
-Perfecting a cappuccino
And there’s a Certificate of Completion on the last day.
- Mush Panjwani, Founder & Chief Happiness Officer
- Mehwish Asad, SCA Certified Barista and Co-owner of CW-Maskan
- Arshad Ali, BGA Certified Barista and Training Manager
This program is good for coffee lovers who want to set up a coffee station at home, for people who want to get jobs as a barista, for students who would like to get part-time jobs at coffee shops when they go abroad for higher education, and for anyone else interested to learn new things.
The video below shows highlights of Batch 3 (Aug-21), which was also attended by Mahwish Aziz, the owner of Sugaries Bakery.