“Brunch Wagera” is one of the regular monthly/community events at Coffee Wagera. We provide free space to female chefs to sell their homemade food from our cafe, as our way of supporting women empowerment and entrepreneurship. They get to see customers’ response firsthand; our customers get to try lots of different food items at reasonable prices; we get to sell some more coffee – plus everyone has lots of fun! Here’s the list of selected chefs and what they are bringing on Sunday 23rd June, 12-4pm:
- Amna Ali of Cookly Kitchen: Beef Lasagna and Banoffee
- Anam Saqib: Chicken Rolls and Mint Potatoes
- Fauzia Haider: Chimmi Changa and Fruit Melba
- Naxish Xuhair: Chicken Khowsuey
- Samer Waheed: Beef Haleem and Pineapple Dessert
- Samreen Muzammil of Samies Cake Bakes: Pasteis de Nata and Churros
NOTES FOR CUSTOMERS:
- Everything will be Rs.300 or less per piece/portion. Customers will pay directly to the chefs they buy from. Credit cards won’t be accepted by the chefs. Coffee Wagera is not charging any venue cost or profit-sharing.
- Expect a lot of crowd, slightly more waiting time for beverages, and perhaps no place to sit and chill at some hours. But also expect some awesome food items at very reasonable prices, an opportunity to network with foodies/chefs, and a lot of energy and excitement.
- Every customer will be expected to buy at least a beverage from Coffee Wagera (minimum spending of Rs.240 per person), even if you are there just to support the chefs and sample their food.
- Due to the limited space, we request that you try and finish your snacks/beverages in 60-90 minutes, depending on the rush. Study groups and working with laptops are discouraged during the Brunch hours.
Please join us for awesome food, beverages and fun! Also spread the word to support women empowerment and entrepreneurship. Few related links: