We wanted to do something different on Coffee Wagera 3rd Anniversary, which is on 1st April 2021. Not just the usual balloons, party, cake and customer offers… but something that helps with coffee education and awareness; something that brings the coffee community together. So we revisited one of our dreams and pushed really hard to make it real: Pakistan’s First Coffee Expo.
A non-profit event for coffee education and awareness.
NOT a food festival of cafes
Who was invited?
Well known coffee brands/people that…
- are passionate about providing education and awareness
- are making a significant contribution to the coffee scene in Karachi
- will be able to teach, train, educate through practical demonstrations
- Alchemy Coffee Roastery
- Bevsol Beverage Solutions
- Coffees Etc.
- Coffee Wagera
- De’Longhi Pakistan
- Fika Coffee Co.
- Kohi Coffees
- Praha Coffee Roasters
- Qahwah Pk
- Raaz Unveiled
- Rethink Café
10:00-1100 Lucky Draw for early comers (prizes by participating brands!)
11:00-11:30 Coffee Roasting Demo by Raaz
11:30-12:00 Coffee Talk by Mr. Zubair Anwar-Bawany of Alchemy
12:00-12:30 Coffee Roasting Demo by Praha
12:30-1:00 Coffee Game by CW
1:00-2:30 Latte Art Competition
2:30-3:00 Coffee Roasting Demo by Raaz
3:00-3:30 Coffee Talk by Mr. Huzaifa Younus of Qahwah
3:30-4:00 Coffee Roasting by Praha
4:00-4:30 Coffee Game by CW
Every brand will be showcasing unique products, and learning experiences, including
- Home-brewing equipment, techniques, training and tasting
- How to make Cold Brew
- Commercial brewing equipment, tools, products and tasting
- Varieties of coffee beans to smell and taste
- The essential barista tools
- Varieties of coffee flavors
- Lots of free coffee!
Latte Art Competition (1-2pm)
We also invited many cafes/restaurants to join the Latte Art Competition by registering one of their top baristas. The response wasn’t so great, but we have:
- Artisan Coffee Roaster (Lahore!)
- Café Flo
- Coffee Day
- Coffee Wagera
- Colette Café
- Evergreen Café
- Xander’s – Clifton
- Xander’s – DHA
- Xander’s – Tipu Sultan
Every participant will make a free-hand latte art, to be judged by a panel – an award for the winner plus participation certificates for all!
Finally, thanks to our partners and sponsors:
- Village – Venue sponsor
- Print Eazy – Printing sponsor
- Suno FM 89.4 – Radio partner
- Karachi Coffee Community – co-organizers
Update: We had to cancel the event last-minute due to a govt. notification banning all indoor and outdoor events.