Coffee Wagera continues to support female chefs/entrepreneurs through a monthly event called Brunch Wagera. Here’s what happens:
- 10 chefs are selected to bring their specialties and sell from Coffee Wagera. Zero-cost venue, no profit-sharing, free promotion, no catch!
- There are two shifts: 12-4pm and 5-9pm. There will be five chefs in each shift. You will need to come half an hour earlier to setup and allow half an hour to clean up at the end.
- Each chef can sell up to two items; each item must be Rs.300 or less, per piece/serving. For females only; home-cooked food only. Items must be different from what Coffee Wagera already has on the menu – so no sandwiches, wraps, cakes, brownies or cookies. Some ideas: shami kabab, dahi bhala, chaat, pasta, patties, croissants, donuts, tarts, gelatos, pudding…
- You will bring everything you need to serve/sell your items – paper plates, napkins, bags, change. We will provide a free water, free wifi and a lot of support! You won’t have access to oven or fridge. You won’t be able to bring a helper or family member to stay with you during the four hours, due to limited space. Your family and friends are most welcome as customers, who come to eat/drink, and leave 🙂
- To apply: Message through our Facebook page, with all the following:
- Your actual name, mobile number, whatsapp number if different
- Link to your FB page and/or Insta page.
- Pictures (color, square, real, high-res) and description of the two items you would like to bring. Not more than two please, and do not ask us for suggestions please.
- Your preferred shift (12-4 or 5-9) but please be flexible, so we can balance the menu in both shifts.
Thanks to the awesome community of female chefs / entrepreneurs for supporting Coffee Wagera’s initiative!
You may view photos/videos of past events here 🙂