Background: Coffee Wagera is a coffee shop with no kitchen, cooking or elaborate food menu. We focus on coffees, few other beverages and some ready-to-eat snacks. We made a commitment to support women empowerment and entrepreneurship, so all our food items are homemade by female chefs only, with no exception.
Brunch Wagera 1: In August, we extended our support to female chefs and entrepreneurs by giving them our space, at no cost, with no profits-share. We had five chefs who brought two homemade items each, and sold from Coffee Wagera. Our customers got a chance to try new things; the chefs got a chance to showcase and sell their food items. Here’s a video highlighting Brunch Wagera 1. One of the top-selling items from that event were Mini Caramel Eclairs by Le Saint Honoré Pâtisserie, which has now become a ‘Friday Night Special’ at Coffee Wagera! More about the chefs and menu from that event is in this blog post.
Brunch Wagera 2: In September, we expanded the event by doing two 4-hour shifts, accommodating 12 chefs, who brought 24 amazing homemade food items. Also zero-cost venue and no profit share. Here’s a video highlighting Brunch Wagera 2. Three of the most popular items from the event were: Granola Bars from Zo’s Sweetopia, which is part of our daily menu; Lasagna da Milano by Hira Bashir, which is now a ‘Saturday Night Special’; ‘Khaman Dhoklas’ by Picklenary, which are now ‘Sunday Special’ at Coffee Wagera! More about the chefs and menu from that event is in this blog post.
Brunch Wagera 3 – details and how to apply:
- 12 chefs will be selected to bring their specialties and sell from Coffee Wagera. Zero-cost venue, no profit-sharing, free promotion, no catch!
- Sunday 21st Oct. Two shifts: 1200-1600 and 1700-2100. There will be six chefs in each shift. You will need to come half an hour earlier to setup and allow half an hour to clean up at the end.
- Each chef can sell up to two items; each item must be under Rs.200 per piece/serving. For females only; home-cooked food only. Items must be different from what Coffee Wagera already has on the menu – so no sandwiches, wraps, cakes, brownies or cookies. Some ideas: shami kabab, dahi bhala, chaat, pasta, patties, croissants, donuts, tarts, gelatos, pudding…
- You will bring everything you need to serve/sell your items – paper plates, napkins, bags, change. We will provide a free water, free wifi and a lot of support! You won’t be able to bring a helper or family member to stay with you during the four hours, due to limited space. Your family and friends are most welcome as customers, who come to eat/drink, and leave 🙂
- To apply: Message through our Facebook page, starting now until Fri 12th noon. Please include all the following in your message:
- Your actual name, mobile number, whatsapp number if different
- Link to your FB page and/or Insta page.
- Pictures (color, square, real, high-res) and description of the two items you would like to bring. Not more than two please, and do not ask us for suggestions please.
- Your preferred shift (12-4 or 5-9) and whether you are willing to accept the other shift too.
- We will select the 12 chefs by Mon 15th Oct, and inform everyone. We won’t be able to explain to anyone why they weren’t selected. We will not consider incomplete information, and we won’t be able to explain to anyone why they weren’t selected. Hope you understand.
Thanks to the awesome community of female chefs / entrepreneurs for supporting Coffee Wagera’s initiative!